Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Late Starter

It happens with me all the time. There is a new song that others in the crowd are going crazy about. I listen to that song, the first time, and don't really think its special. After a few months when the "newness" of the song has died, I listen to the song again and this time I just love it and end up listening to the song a zillion times. The same goes with movies. There have been several good movies, which I did not rate really high of the time we came out of theatres. But then, after I think over the movies I begin to think .... well .... that was really nice.
The pattern follows with some trends like email, chatting, orkutting etc. I think I was the last in my group of friends to get my maiden email account: the one on usa.net I remember. Then I thought email was sufficient to be in touch with friends when they were all smitten by the messenger bug. I resisted then and by the time I gave in to chatting, most friends of mine had moved on to the next happening thing: Orkut. While I still do not give much importance to it and seriously hate the coolness factor that ppl associate with one's orkut account, I have to admit that I too belong to the category of people who check their scraps atleast a couple of times daily.
Blogging follows the same story. I was critical of it initially: Why do you need to make your thoughts public? Its just another way to gain attention and public eye.
But finally today, my resistance has ended and it just makes me label myself a late starter.

No comments: